Sunday, April 17, 2011

Sunshine and 5ks

This week was our last week of clinicals for the semester!!!
I had meant to take some photos outside Magee hospital to immortalize the scene of my first clinical but the day ended so suddenly that I was sitting out in the sun with a rootbeer float before I knew what happened.
So here is Smorey relaxing against Laura's bag in the sun with us


Also last weekend was the 2nd annual Jared R Beiswinger Memorial 5k run, organized by the lovely Ally Castles, (one of my Feelgood friends)


I didn't run it, as I swore off 5k runs last year after running the Swedish Summerun on the hilly streets of Seattle without training for it. But I got my alloted half hour of exercise by participating in the 3k walk and cheered on my FeelGood friends who participated.

Here is me n Caitlin, who ran it. Her and Aiden ran super fast!

This upcoming week we are learning about the global aspects of nursing (yay!), taking a practice NCLEX pharmacology test (BLAAAGHH), and having a final clinical evaluation test on our crash test dummies, but then the rest of the week I am free! (to study for finals, and play in the hopeful sun and warmth)

1 comment: